Teaches all elements required for TCF Level Three Certification; Original TCF Form all standing postures. Participants review Basic Moves and TCF Adapted Program Short Form and learn Parts 2 and 3 of the original TCF Form. Includes teaching practicums, techniques for using TCF with specific populations, advanced training in sensing qi.
The course includes presentations by certified instructors on program applications in group settings and as therapeutic assessment and intervention tools. This course qualifies as partial contact hours fulfillment for TCF Instructor Certification Level Three. See CERTIFICATION
1) Review the TCF Basic Moves
2) Learn all three sections of the Original TCF form.
3) Describe TCF’s rationale, biomechanics & functional benefits.
4) Apply TCF’s mind/body principles in a variety of settings.
5) Lead advanced exercises for sensing qi (life energy.)
Balance dysfunction, orthopedic and neurological rehabilitation, pain management, sports cross training, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, medically complex, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and special populations. Use in hospitals, sub-acute, outpatient clinics ,and home care. Teach groups of all ages and fitness levels in community wellness classes, health clubs, tai chi & martial arts schools, senior centers and long term care facilities.
• TCF PROGRAM ADVANCED APPLICATIONS
o Breathing, posture, functional relaxation
o Flexibility & strengthening: Upper and Lower extremity
o Mobility: ambulation, weight shifting, transitional movements
o Neuromuscular re-education: spinal stabilization, coordination
o Balance, double and single leg
• SUPINE/ SEATED APPLICATIONS
o ROM Dance Range of Motion and Relaxation Program
o Pain management
o Breathing and Relaxation Exercises, Sensing Qi
• TEACHING PRACTICUM
• PROGRAM ADAPTATIONS AND APPLICATIONS:
THERAPEUTIC AND GROUP WELLNESS SETTINGS
• CERTIFICATION INFORMATION