This 6-day in person lab course (P1) is open to licensed PTs and PTAs who work with a PT certified by any Schroth-based school. The prerequisite for taking this lab course is a Certificate of Completion of online course: Introduction to Scoliosis and Spinal Conditions (or equivalent), issued no earlier than 18 months prior to P1 course. The practical P1 course includes labs, lectures and scoliosis patient demonstrations. It covers:
1. Schroth-based principles for treating scoliosis and spinal conditions
2. Basic Schroth exercises for each curve type (full hanging, semi-hanging, supine, prone on knees, prone on stool, side lying, sitting, standing, Schroth walk)
3. Clinical and radiological evaluation
4. Individual treatment plans
5. Team approach concept to treatment
6. Adult spinal deformity
Certification as an SSOL Schroth Physical Therapist will be issued upon passing the exam. Certification is valid for 3 years.