Providing onsite services to employers in your area can be a lucrative and rewarding opportunity, but it’s more than just providing physical therapy treatment and many therapists do not know where to begin. This course is designed to help providers be more confident and successful in marketing and providing onsite services to employers.
At the end of the training, participants will be able to-
1. Describe the 5 must haves for market viability of an onsite clinic.
2. Develop 3 ways to market physical therapy services to employers
3. Target 3 stakeholders and develop focused approaches for each that will be developed in your marketing plan
4. Identify 2 strengths and weaknesses for independent and partnered approaches to delivering onsite services
5. Recognize the importance of building relationships in your community and the success of onsite safety programs
6. Identify the differences between successful negotiators and less successful negotiators
Intended Audience: Licensed healthcare professionals including Physical and Occupational Therapists, Physical and Occupational Therapist Assistants, Athletic Trainers, Certified/Registered Kinesiologists. Consideration of other licensed health/safety personnel based on space and background.
Additional course information
Program Level (AOTA): Introductory
AOTA Classification Category: Professional Issues
Delivery: Online (distance learning - interactive)
Student Ratio: 20:1
General Teaching Method Overview: Webinar Lecture, Group Activities
Duration: 1.5 hours, 1.5 contact hours
Completion Requirements: Attend entire course session, class participation / engagement in learning activities, including group activities, and completion of course evaluation.
Outline and Agenda:
Time Outline Content Areas Learning Method/content
15 Min Determining Market Viability Power point, worksheet/chat
20 Min Marketing Therapy Services to Employers Power point, worksheet/chat
25 Min Stakeholders and message focus Power point, worksheet/chat
15 Min Negotiation strategies Power point, chat
15 Min Building Relationships in the Community Power point
(end) Reflection and Self-Assessment Course Evaluation Survey/Reflection
Equipment: Equipment: None specific to training.